Ireland’s leader has condemned anti-immigration comments made by Conor McGregor, during an appearance by the 36-year-old former mixed martial arts champion in the White House ahead of a St Patrick’s Day meeting with US President Donald Trump. Speaking in the White House briefing room Monday, McGregor said the Irish government had “abandoned the voices” of the Irish people and claimed rural towns in Ireland were being overrun by immigrants. “Ireland is at the cusp of potentially losing its Irishness,” he said. McGregor, who was at the White House to meet US President Donald Trump on Ireland’s national day, has previously said he is considering running for president in his native country. Irish leader Micheál Martin was quick to denounce the fighter’s comments, however, saying Conor McGregor’s remarks were wrong, and “did not reflect the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, or the views of the people of Ireland.” In a post…
New Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney is heading to Paris and London on Monday to seek alliances as he…
One nationalist influencer called it “truly gratifying.” Another said he was laughing his head off. And a state-media editorial…
After months of tension, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that he would seek to remove the chief of…
The Vatican has released the first photo of Pope Francis since his hospitalization. The photo shows Francis at the…
Tens of thousands rallied on Saturday in downtown Belgrade against populist President Aleksandar Vucic and his government, the latest…
President Volodymyr Zelensky said that Ukrainian troops have not been encircled by Russian forces in Kursk region, accusing Russian…