Scores of unexploded bombs dating from World War II have been recovered from a children’s playground in northern England after a chance discovery. Two bombs were initially removed by the British Army, the UK Ministry of Defense said in a statement. The parish council was then advised that a full survey of the area was required, according to a council spokesperson. Bomb disposal company Brimstone Site Investigation then uncovered 65 10-pound practice bombs and smoke cartridges on the first day of works, with a further 90 practice bombs recovered on the second day. According to the parish council, all of the bombs need to be found and removed before the park can be reopened. It said 174 devices had been found so far. “Whilst this ordnance is described as practice bombs, they do still carry a charge and given the numbers involved, need to be recovered by professionals to satisfy…
A bus veered off a highway bridge into a polluted ravine in Guatemala City early on Monday, killing at…
Hamas has said the next hostage release scheduled to take place in Gaza on Saturday will be postponed, accusing…
North Korea has treated hundreds of Russian soldiers injured in Ukraine, Moscow’s ambassador to Pyongyang told state media, as…
India’s religious minorities have faced a “staggering” rise in hate speech over the past year, including from top leaders…
The so-called land question has been a decades-long dilemma for South Africa. Apartheid, dismantled in the 1990s, left a…
Marwan Ouarab is an unlikely hero. The convicted con artist, once almost sent to prison for selling fake concert…
China has unveiled sweeping new regulations to tighten the release of information about its military online, a move that…
US President Donald Trump has suggested Ukraine may fall under Russian control “someday,” as he called for the war-torn…